PRIVACY AND SECURITY NOTICE – THE BASICSWelcome, and thank you for visiting the ATDD website. We are committed to the privacy of our visitors. We collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us. Here is how we handle information about your visit. We use Google Analytics web analytics software and the DigitalGov.gov search engine (for searching for information within the ATDD website). When you browse through this website, read pages, or perform searches, these services will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. The only information that is automatically collected and stored is:
- The domain name of the network you use to access the Internet (for example, “internetcompanyname.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain)
- The IP address from which you access our website (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web)
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit
- If you arrived at our website after clicking a link on another website, the address of that website, and
- Search terms that you enter into the atdd.noaa.gov search tool.